Monday, January 11, 2016

Miracles Come Only After A Trial Of Your Faith

This week was a slooooooooow week. Gators haven't been really committed, and we haven't been able to find any new. We started a competition with the AP's (Assistants to the President), to see who could get the most new. We did it so we would have more motivation to find some. The deal was that whoever found the most by the end of the week won, and the loser companionship had to buy greaters. We totally lost, because the AP's do this thing called poaching... they drive around until they see a family then jump out of the car and go talk to them. For real! I guess it works...haha. But anyway, we lost, but the AP's won't let us pay up on our deal...what gentlemen! Haha!


I have a confession... I have 7 cavities! Oh my goodness. We went to the dentist and when they told me I was so embarrassed!! No joke. I got 4 of them filled this morning, and I am getting the rest done tomorrow. My mouth is still numb.


It finally snowed! It's funny, I didn't even know it snowed until after our district leader texted us. We live in a cave, and I don't see the light of day until 10 or 10:30 when we leave to go work. It was so funny. It's really super cold here now! I feel so at home! :)


There is a gator named Bob Miller... he has been a gator since he was 17, and he is in his 60's now. He has had all the lessons and had read the entire Book of Mormon multiple of times. He even has a calling...assistant scout master, hahaha. But anyway, he originally couldn't get baptized because his wife wouldn't let him, but President Porter told him that he didn't need her permission, that was about 2 months ago. I guess he wanted her to approve it, so he still wouldn't commit. WEEEEEEELL... she finally gave him permission! He told Bishop Blackwelder that he was ready, and asked how fast he could get baptized. Woohoo! We are meeting with him on the 17th (that is the earliest he can meet with us--he is a busy man) to talk about what day. We as missionaries still have to go through all the lessons with him again, but that won't be hard since he has a testimony of it already. I hope that he gets baptized before the end of my transfer (Feb 2) because I really feel like I'm not going to be her much longer :( I really do not want to leave Cincinnati! I love it here. I can't imagine serving anywhere else... mostly because I haven't...hehe.


We rearranged our apartment, mostly our bedroom. It is a lot better now! It feels like a place that I can actually be lived in now. Our apartment... is too big, and too far away from our area. We are on the very edge of the ward boundaries... its really hard because all our people are about a ten minute drive. That doesn't seem like much, but when you can only drive 1,000 miles a month, it is a lot. Also, our apartment IS TOO BIG FOR MISSIONARIES. Like for real, it would be nice if we actually had furniture to make it less empty. We just have a lot of extra space and it's kind of awkward, but we can't move until the lease is up. Oh well! It's a nice apartment at least. I like it. It's one of the nicer apartments in the mission. I hate to kill those bragging rights, but the sisters really do need to move. It would make more sense.


That's really it for this week. Sorry no pictures, my camera died and I couldn't find the charger (don't worry Dad, I found it!).


"You are nurturing spiritual infants and sick children. Missionary work is a thankless ministry and remember it was only one leper who came back to thank Jesus for the healing but it doesn't mean that you aren't helping to heal and mend broken hearts. And Jesus still healed ALL ten. Never give up on the people who let you in. It is an HONOR and a PRIVILEDGE to be let in and to see the inner workings of an individual's life and that my missionary friends is truly sacred ground."


I know that Christ is our Savior, and I know that as we come to understand His Gospel that we will have a better understanding of His purpose for us.


Sister Fultz


P.S. Hey! My mouth isn't as numb Woohoo

No comments:

Post a Comment