Monday, February 1, 2016

The Fultz is leaving the Nati

First off, I am getting transferred and leaving Cincinnati, as is Sister Lane. We are both emotional wrecks right now. I really didn't want to leave. I feel bad for Sister Lane...she goes home in March and has to move one last time before going home. It's really hard.


Overall I'm just really sad right now. I'll just tell ya'll about my favorite parts of my first 4 1/2 months of my mission in the Cincinnati area :)


Stef Roberts-- he was baptized right before I got here. He is such an interesting person. I have been able to learn a lot from him. He has crazy ideas from things but I've learned just to ignore most of it. He has looked out for me a lot and always made sure I had what I needed. He's like a brother to me... a 54 year old brother.


The Taylors-- Brother and Sister Taylor... my Cincinnati parents. Oh man. I can't even think about leaving them. They have really been strong parental figures for me out here in the field. Brother Taylor is an amazing Ward Mission Leader. Sister Taylor is so spunky and fun.


The Maki's-- Angela, Nes, and Aleeza. They have had so much happen to them in their lives. They are a cute little family. They have taken the Sister Missionaries in when no one else would. They fed us more than anyone in the ward! Nes and Aleeza have become like my little sisters. They even call me their big sissy.


Amy Miller-- she has autism. You all know I instantly had a connection with her. Amy is...truly amazing. She sits next to me every Sunday and I tickle her arm and back. I sing with her this weird theme song to a show. She gets so excited every time I sing it with her.


Frankie-- she is an investigator. Not really a solid one... but she is so funny! She is in her 60's and was in the Navy. She has given me the most random stuff with Elephants on it since she knows I love those. Last night was so sad, she told us she loves us coming around because she doesn't get many visitors.


There are really so many people that have touched my life in this area. I couldn't name all of them in 50-emails. I am really, really sad to be leaving this area. My first area. I was able to have one baptism, Bob Miller. His baptism was amazing. He has such great support from the ward, I have no worries about him.


I am grateful for the Cincinnati area and the Cincinnati Ward. I am grateful I got to serve here for the first 4 1/2 months of my mission. I have learned more here than I ever did in my 19 years of life.


Thank you all for your support. I know this church is true and I am grateful for the knowledge this Gospel gives me.


Sister Fultz



No comments:

Post a Comment