Sunday, March 27, 2016

I met Elder Neil L. Andersen

This week Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles came to our stake for a surprise stake conference. That Sunday he requested to have a meeting with the Greatest Ohio Cincinnati missionaries! You can imagine we were totally okay with that. He met with us at the Montgomery building, which is right around the corner from our apartment :) But anyway! We all got to shake his hand and it was just so awesome. He also talked to us at Stake Conference :) Here are a few insights from the amazing spirit filled weekend! President Bradley, the stake president, talked about the Atonement and the TRANSFORMING power that it has :) The Atonement can make us better if we chose to apply it. That is something that I have really learned this transfer. I have been changed all through the Atonement and I am so grateful for it :) Then Sister Porter talked to us! She talked about the Book of Mormon, and how we need to repent for not reading it ;) but it's so true! We need to be reading it every. single. day. The Book of Mormon WAS MADE FOR US AT THIS TIME. It was from our Heavenly Father to help us in our lives. SO READ IT. Also fun fact! Elder Andersen almost moved to Cincinnati many many years ago :) Elder Andersen is super funny. He was telling us that his wife told him to stop talking like he is so old. He told us that he can't help it when he hangs out with 80 year old men who have one foot in this life and on foot on the other side of the veil and they have to keep pulling them back in. HAHAHAHAHA. The congregation didn't know whether to laugh or not at that. I thought it was hilarious. 

So this week was just amazing. Garrett is still on date, and he is now in Europe until Easter. The only downside it that he hasn't talked to his parents about it... and he needs to since he is 17. But he is reading the Book of Mormon which is amazing! I am staying in Montgomery for another transfer so I will get to see him be baptized! So blessed.

We are teaching an Indian woman who just got here over a year ago. Her name is Cimi and she is just so awesome. I never knew how the Indian culture was... she told us that she can't ask her husband questions! That is just so sad. We asked if she would be baptized and she said no because the other Indian people in the complex she lives in would think less of her. It is just such a hard situation. We are meeting with her again this week, so we will see how that goes.

The Koth family just had there daughter, Renee come home from Romania! She is so awesome. When we went over to meet her she was asleep and we woke her up. We took her teaching with us the other day and she tried to place a Book of Mormon... which we don't do in this mission. It was really funny! She was so embarrassed. She is really awesome at talking to people and connecting with them :) She is coming out with us again this week :) It's her brother who we were working with to quit smoking and drugs, and he is still in inpatient rehab. Luckily they get to visit him 3 times a week :) 

I got to see Maxine from Cincinnati yesterday! Some people is the Monty ward know her and invited her and us over for dinner. It made me so happy to see her!! She told me I am very favorite missionary :)

I just love my mission! I can't believe that I am almost to my half way mark! So crazy. What is even crazier is that President Porter is going home in July... we are getting a new mission president and mom! President and Sister Welch :) President and Sister Porter actually know them, and they said that they will just help the mission be even better than it already is! I am just so beyond excited for this next year that I have to be on my mission!! This Church is true!! 

Love,
Sister Fultz 

No comments:

Post a Comment