Monday, October 17, 2016

Staying in Little Miami!

Hey everyone! I am staying in Little Miami with Sister Baker and I couldn't be more excited!

This week we weren't able to teach Ling, and he didn't come to church :( but we have an appointment with him on Friday, so hopefully that will go well! He seems to think he never has time, who knows if that is really true. Usually it isn't.

We have an investigator named Greg who is crazy. He hits on us a lot  and is always drunk (we found out yesterday). Our Ward Mission Leaders wife doesn't want us to see him anymore, and I don't really want to either. He makes me uncomfortable. We will prayerfully consider what to do! Haha. His neighbor is a member that said he was going to watch for us and make sure we were safe when we went into his house. This ward is awesome.

We put someone on date for baptism this week! Her name is Edith. She's a cute little old lady that smokes a ton. She's on date for November 19th. She has a long way to go, but I have faith in her! When we taught the Restoration and we shared the first vision, she got really excited to read the pamphlet. Later we taught her about the Book of Mormon, and she got really excited to read that too. She's just so great! She has a ton of Elvis stuff in her house but claims she doesn't really like Elvis.

We had dinner with the Fink's on Sunday. Elder Mafoa, who is from Tong, told us some funny stories. When he was first in the field they had dinner with a member. I guess they don't have ranch in Tonga, because Elder Mafoa thought it was soup and started eating it like soup! I died when he told that story. He is getting transferred and I'm really going to miss him and his funny stories!

The Primary President gave us the assignment to go and see a new move in family. We went to meet them, and it went super well, except they claim that they aren't members (aka they just don't go anymore). That's something that I won't ever understand. A lot of people think that if they just stop going to church that they aren't members anymore, but their records are still there. Kinda funny. I'm just kinda like "If you weren't  a member we wouldn't be here and know all your names and birthdays...". They were nice but weren't interested in contact. At least we got a soda out of it.

We went to UDF for ice cream on Saturday to celebrate my 13 month mark that was on Sunday. While we were there a lady came in and started talking to this boy waiting in line. You could tell that it was heated. She was getting mad at him for something he did while driving on the road that this lady witnessed. Not really sure what happened, but we saw them stand about, but I wished I did. Also while I was waiting in line to buy my ice cream, the guy waiting in front of me informed me that the Great Barrier Reef died... he seemed a little off to be honest.

That is really it for this week. Nothing terribly exciting!

Love you all!

Sister Fultz

Our last district meeting

No comments:

Post a Comment