Monday, December 26, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Hey everyone! I hope you all had a Merry Christmas.

We did a lot of exchanges this week. I got to go back to one of my old areas, Little Miami! I also got to be with one of my old companions, Sister Johnson! Sadly I ended up being really sick and had to sleep all day. Sister Johnson was still able to get a lot done in the apartment while I slept. :) We were able to teach a lesson to an investigator named Carmelita. We committed her to being baptized in January, and she said yes! It was an amazing spirit filled lesson. I was grateful to be part of it. :)

We had a mission Christmas conference on Christmas eve. It was so fun! We did a funny talent show and a Christmas program. I sang in the Christmas program even! A bunch of other sisters and I sang "Mary did You Know". It was really stressful, needless to say! During the funny talent show our zone did "The 12 Days of Christmas". The zone leaders had different actions they did for each part and the rest of us did the singing. It was hilarious! There was a lot of beat boxing and rapping in the talent show. Afterwards we got these really cute knitted slippers! I sleep in them every night. It was an amazing conference followed by dinner at our Bishops house. They fed us an amazing dinner and we were able to sing songs with them. It was nice to feel part of their family when I'm so far from mine. They even gave us cute Ohio mugs and hot chocolate mix for Christmas! I really love them - and the whole Cherry Grove ward! I am so blessed to be here.

On Christmas we were ready to go to church, and we were already running late. But then... we couldn't find the keys! Sister Lamb is really good at losing them, her words not mine! ;) so we were late to church and we were supposed to be on the stand for the choir. It was a walk of shame to walk up there late. The Christmas program was so beautiful, it moved me to tears! I am so grateful for my Savior. The rest of  the day was spent at members, as we weren't allowed to go proselyte. We had an amazing lunch with our ward mission leader and his family. Then we went to one of our favorite members, the Radcliffe's. That is where we skyped our families! It was amazing to see  my family somewhat face to face. I wish there was as much snow here as there! To finish the night we went to another members and had cake and ice cream.

I love you all! Stay safe the rest of the holiday season!

Sister Fultz

No comments:

Post a Comment