Tuesday, February 28, 2017

New Companion

I have a new companion, Sister Peardon! She is from Roseville, California and she has been out about 10 months. We have had so much fun this week and I just love her! I am teaching her to play the piano and we try to play Pokemon together.

We tracted a bunch this week in efforts to building our teaching pool. I have tried most of the potentials in the area book so we are trying new stuff out. It was my first time really tracting and it brought forth some good things, but mostly just being tired, haha. We are still working hard to build up our teaching pool!

A funny story from this week: We knocked on a potentials door and her son answered. He started saying how he is a "TI", which is a targeted individual. We asked how he became one and he acted all weird and said "various ways". Well okay then. He said that he thought we were trying to break in the other day when we knocked, but it wasn't us. Then he said "I thought some redneck gangster was breaking in to kill me and my mom". Later we asked him what religion he was and he said "I feel like I shouldn't say...the one everyone hates." Well okay then. As you can imagine we probably won't be going back there.

A member took us to Red Lobster this week, and I loved it! I used to hate fish but since being on my mission I have grown to love it. The member that took us was baptized last year and is now less active due to work. He is one of the coolest people I have ever met, he has the most interesting conversion story. He used to be heavily into drugs and he says that if he hadn't started meeting with the missionaries he probably would be dead. He has to work every Sunday to support his ex wife who he pays a ton of alimony to and also he has two daughters who he pays for to go to school. Since he is a single guy we can't meet at his house, instead he takes us out to dinner every single week! We try something new every week and its been fun to get to know him. This week we found out that he likes Tumblr. He also freaks out when there is something with gluten that I can't eat. I just love him!

Yesterday after church a kid got hit by a car in the parking lot. I didn't see any of it happen I just heard. It was the son of our primary president and they had to take him to the hospital. He's okay now from what I have heard and is back home. But how scary is that! I'm glad he is okay. To makee the story a little less scary, an investigator saw it happen and yelled the "S" word and I thought it was pretty funny.

I love you all! Talk to you next week.

Sister Fultz



No comments:

Post a Comment