Monday, April 18, 2016

Up's and Down's

Shalom Shalom Shalom!!

I found a Fultz headstone in South Lebanon this past week while on exchanges with Sister Sly... 
I also got eaten by a hippo! 
It's been a busy week, so we were very exhausted 

Chrystal has been weird this week. She fell off date for the 23rd, and we didn't see her for a few days. Then we finally saw her and put her on date for May 7th... now we can't get in contact with her. What the heck Chrystal??? She is driving us nuts! But it's okay, because everything is in the Lords time! We are starting to wonder if she really is crazy... hmmm. 

I'm getting sick... again! I just got over a cold not too long ago, then I thought I had an ear infection, and now I'm getting a cold again. Ugh :( 

The less active I used to always talk about that went to rehab came home early. The hospital he was in wasn't doing a good job and it wasn't worth the money. I was really worried when I found out that he would come home and go right back to doing drugs. BUT HE DIDN'T! We met with him a few days after he got home, and he is still clean and wants to work on being temple worthy and he is thinking about a mission! MIRACLE. I seriously cried after. I was so overjoyed. He changed so much in just the 20ish days he was in rehab. The next big thing is going to be getting him to quit smoking. Luckily he has been on nicorete gum, but last night he smoked while he was at an AA meeting (a lot of people smoke at those, so it was a major temptation). 

We are starting the 4th week of my 5th transfer. Time is just flying by! Sister Breeze is now driving so she can get to know the area better. Three weeks until transfers!! Ahhhhh!!

I brought my notebook with me today, so I want to share some of my notes from conference :)

President Henry B. Eyring (Saturday morning): How close we feel to the Savior depends on US. We need to ask ourselves what soil we are planting our seed in. If we can see the lessening of our joy and faith, we are more blessed because of our humility. 

Mary R. Durham: I loved the story of the man who had to take off his shoes to be able to swim. It really made me think "What are my weights? What is holding me back?" 

Ronald A. Rasband (Saturday Afternoon): I thought it was funny that he talked about sustaining our leaders right after the vote was taken :) What I thought while we was talking was about how we need to humble enough to sustain them. I loved when he said "I know the risks, but I know to follow Christ". It's sad how following Christ has become a risk in the world today. 

Neil L. Andersen: I feel like he talked about a somewhat difficult subject. I would be nervous to talk about children not having parents and singing about their parents in primary. I really loved that he related it to our Heavenly Parents rather than our Earthly parents. It was funny to hear him in Conference in contrast to when he came and talked to our mission. In conference he was MUCH more professional :)

Thomas S. Monson (Sunday Morning): He looks so sick, but it was good to be able to hear from him even though it was short. The choices we make determine our destiny!! Unlike Alice, it does matter which way we go. 

W. Christopher Waddell: I SERIOUSLY LOVED HIS. The Atonement is my favorite thing to talk about and study. I encourage ALL OF YOU to go and reread this talk!!!! So amazing!! 

Dieter F. Uchtdorf: "The Celestial language". HAHAHA. 

Robert D. Hales (Sunday Afternoon): Only the Prophet can receive revelation for the whole church... sorry everyone who seems to think otherwise! 

Who else just wanted to cry when President Uchtdorf got up after the talk about refugees???

Jeffrey R. Holland: We can escape the consequence of sin and STUPIDITY of ourselves and others if we give ourselves to God. 

I know that this church is true. I know that if we give ourselves to God that we can make it through anything. I know that no matter how far from God we feel, we can always come back through repentance. I also know that even when we feel like we're "close enough" to God, we're wrong. There is always something more for us. That's why we came here. We weren't meant to be stagnant... that's why the Fall was necessary. Every single day of our lives needs to be spent coming closer to Christ, otherwise, what are we doing that is worth it? There is a kind of song that we have been listening to a lot this week, and it reminds me that everyday we need to be doing things worth while, and doing things that we won't regret. I've also been thinking a lot this week about having an Eternal perspective. I encourage all of you to read Genesis 25:29-34. Let us be sure not to Esau and give up something amazing for a stupid bowl of pottage. Don't give up something Eternal for something temporary. When you're going through a hard time, look to the future, have an Eternal perspective. When we are able to do that, it makes it easier to see why our Heavenly Father gives us the things he goes. We are in boot camp right now, preparing to be Gods and Goddesses. I know these things are true in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

I also attached the song/monologue that I love to listen to. It's worth hearing. 

Sister Fultz

No comments:

Post a Comment